“For over 20 years our content has resonated with a diversity of audiences, in multiple countries and across continental divides. That’s versatility for you.”
Netsport Media rose to prominence in South Africa’s publishing sector as a producer of world-class, circulation-boosting magazine supplements. With iconic products like SA Sports Illustrated Swimwear in our portfolio we expanded our offering to encompass branded multimedia experiences that combined print, television, radio, mobile and digital outputs. Our multi-media creations included SA Sports Illustrated Swimwear, Kick Off SoccerBabes and SA Lingerie.
Today, Netsport Media provides rich media content to mobile value-added services (VAS) markets in Africa and the Middle East. In addition to creating content that is polished, compelling and relevant, we also partner with – and secure exclusive distribution rights from – international content owners in the health, education, devotion, sport and entertainment categories. This content is repackaged for specific mobile markets and where appropriate is translated to ensure local resonance.
With a premium content catalogue of over 100 000 videos spanning all key categories and genres, Netsport Mobile is now armed with one of the most powerful short format catalogues in the market.
We also secured a major asset in the burgeoning mobile gaming space via our exclusive distribution partnership with Emerge gaming and their ArcadeX platform. This competitive gaming platform is distinctly different from the multiple gaming platforms in the market and delivers an unparalleled feature set for the gamer as well as also provides a host of branding and engagement opportunities for brands, products & companies.
Early 2020 saw Netsport Mobile build and develop WooHoo365, it’s own casual gaming product. This platform offers users the ability to play an ever increasing number of fun mobile HTML5 games with the added bonus of daily draws to win great prizes in the form of cash, airtime and data. This is a high engagement and retention product.
We entered into a partnership with Big5Games in March 2020 to distribute their vast array of Football Fantasy & Match Predictor games, their Celebrity Fantasy League Games as well as their Finance/Stock games. All of these can be white labelled and customized for any market and these games are guaranteed to create stickiness and engagement with customers.
May 2020 saw the new alliance with HeadStart Education Technologies being formed where we offer a full suite of eLearning products – from EDC (ages 2-8), ages 7-13 and grades 8-12. Comprising videos, audiobooks, workbooks, study guides, applications these will support and assist learners of all ages and levels. Coding skills development guides and courses also available.
A strategic decision was taken at the end of 2018 to invest in technology and along with our hugely talented James and Tim Shier and their team, we have built an entire technology stack. We have also developed multiple technology solutions so as to facilitate smooth and easy provisioning of products and services to mobile customers.
In short, we are totally invested in ensuring that customers in emerging and developing markets gain access to first-world mobile products and services in an easily accessible and affordable manner.
Launched the Sports Illustrated Swimwear brand in South Africa, in a joint venture with Touchline Media.
Created and launched the annual Kick Off SoccerBabes supplement – another joint venture with Touchline Media.
Created Cosmopolitan Lingerie and an associated fashion show, in partnership with Associated Magazines.
Launched our World Swimsuit brand, which quickly attracted a large following.
World Swimsuit Australia launched in Sydney in partnership with Next Media
Created and launched the ‘Be Your Best’ multimedia brand, a series of mobile video communications providing valuable advice to young women across Africa and the Middle East.
- Secured the rights to distribute the Coerver Coaching video series, a world-leading programme for the enhancement of soccer skills.
- Produced the Mum & Baby video series for Vodacom, providing crucial advice for pregnant women and mothers of newborn babies and toddlers.
- Concluded a partnership agreement to distribute GOD TV video content in Africa.
- Created an online retail space for World Swimsuit, where customers can purchase the season’s hottest swimwear trends.
- Signed an exclusive licensing to distribute popular ‘Blacks Only’ comedy show content in South Africa and across the African continent.
- Netsport secured the mobile distribution rights to the following content services:
- So Yummy
- Chasing the Sun
- Mark Angel Comedy
- Auto Express
- Car Buyer
- Juliet McGuire
- Ilearn & EO
- God TV
- AB de Villiers
- Bino & Fino
Netsport secured the mobile distribution rights to the following content services:
- Ilearn Litmos Heroes
- F2 Freestylers
- Supa Strikas (South Africa only)
- Fight Club Africa
- Gorgeous 2 Go
- John Sanei
- Latest Sightings
- Mojo Travels
- Fashion TV
- Aroma of Zanzibar
- Cook with Anisa
- Storyteller Café
- 700 Club Nigeria
- Turning Point
- One Cubed Naija
- Living the Life
Emerge Gaming grants Netsport Media an exclusive license to use ArcadeX Technology in the Middle East and Africa.
- Netsport launches mobile-first casual gaming offering, WOOHOO365 with 100+ fun, and entertaining HTML5 games
- Netsport Mobile signs a distribution agreement with SportsLocker24 to deliver comprehensive highlights package videos from all main sports from around the globe. Soccer coverage features all major European and global Leagues: EPL, Champions League, La Liga, Surie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, World and Continental Cups.
- Netsport Mobile partners with African content par excellence, A24 Media to distribute documentaries in the following categories: Business & Tech Innovation, Arts, Culture, History, Music, Fashion, Travel, Sports, Health, Food, Environment, Children, African Heroes, Women, Agriculture plus more..
- In alliance with Head Start Education Technologies launched a full suite of E-Learning products from ECD (ages 2-8), ages 9-13 and grades 8-12 on MTN.
- Netsport content services feature on the Baze channel line-up.
- Netsport Mobile contracts directly with MTN SA and launches KidsWorldTV, MojoWorldTV and AutoWorldTV content portals.